Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Allow myself to introduce... myself

A few months ago I approached Paul with one goal: work on the True/False Film Festival in 2007. Several meetings, phone calls, and brainstorming sessions later, here I am. Now, to you, dear reader, I may be nothing more than a faceless author on a blog that will hopefully entertain and amuse you, but let me tell you that I am far from ordinary.

I'm a 6'2'', 200 lbs white college male that goes by the name Mark Johnson.

I am so unique that in my hometown, there were only 17 other Mark Johnsons at our bank branch. Yep. It's a pretty exclusive club. Enough about me though, let's talk about T/F.

There are just about 2 weeks left until the True/False Film Festival, and I'm stoked. I reserved all my passes online after printing out the entire schedule in black and white and neurotically taking hi-lighters to the page in an effort to maximize my weekend. Green marker for films, blue for events, stars for workshops, and then circles for the must-sees. There were a LOT of circles, let me tell you. And the Secret Screenings? Oh T/F, how did you know that I can't turn down a surprise? I'm sure you won't disappoint.

Hopefully you, dear reader, have found as much excitement from the schedule as I have. Because it only gets better from here. Director and band interviews, YouTube videos, discussion boards; it's the whole "T/F Experience"!

2 weeks. I'm counting.

No comments: